Greetings, dear blogger, to Bridge of Hope Ministry’s blog. If you are new to this blog, please do check out the “about” link and the past posts. If you have been here before, welcome back! This post will be a time out from the logical progression of the past posts, and more about just sharing my heart. So, get ready for some open and honest “ramblings” of MY heart concerning the need for Christians and for churches to better minister to those struggling with same-sex attractions/feelings and those seeking change.
- I continually hope and pray others will find Jesus and His very personal love for them.
- I so desire for others to find, in Jesus, the same hope and healing from the bondage of homosexuality that I have found. I’m not unique; it is available for anyone willing to do things God’s way!
- I have such a burden for people to understand there is hope for those struggling with same-sex desires and THEY CAN MINISTER in this area.
- Through various ministry opportunities I continue to find a huge need for ministry in this area.
- I’m burdened by the media’s “marketing” of homosexuality as a wonderful alternative lifestyle.
- I’m grieved that so many in the church are affected by this “marketing” of evil, a tactic straight from the devil.
- I feel such compassion for the broken-hearted spouse, parent or friend of a homosexual, who shares their tears and heart with me.
- I feel frustrated when it takes more than a 5 minute answer from me to help a person who has questions about how to minister in this area… and I can only try to leave them with the hope of help and the encouragement to read my book as a good place to start or check out other resources on my ministry website.
- I feel frustration that more churches aren’t seeing the need for ministry to equip those who desire to minister to those they know and love who are gay.
- How blessed I was recently when a pastor told me they are going to have everyone in their church read my book, Love Flowed Down… It Was For Me! I was blessed not because they were going to read my book, but because he saw the need for equipping all those in his church. Praise the Lord!
- I am grieved everytime I read or hear of another church or denomination accepting homosexuality as a God-given alternative lifestyle and defending this decsion by twisting or ignoring or explaining away God’s Word, keeping many in bondage to this lifestyle.
- I’m grieved as I think of those who will die in bondage to homosexuality; never having real faith in Jesus… knowing the condemnation and, yes, judgment they will face.
- I am also hopeful that many will be changed because I know my God (and I hope, your God) is compassionate and longsuffering; seeking to do everything He can to draw people to Himself.
- I pray Christians will understand. The strugglers did not choose the very real same-sex attractions and feelings that do not immediately go away even if they are born again. These developed. So, the struggler eventually chooses to live the lifestyle. Knowledge and understanding of this issue is very important and it is not found in the Bible.
- I pray many will find real peace and hope for their lives, just as I have, because I can truly say, “My hope comes from Him” (Psalm 62:5).
- I pray continually that churches will be a place of speaking the truth in love AND of equipping the saints for ministry in this area.
- I hope churches understand, fellowship with other Christians is HUGELY important for strugglers seeking change and healing.
- It is my extreme hope that it is the heart of every true Christian bible-teaching church and every believer sitting in those churches to minister in this area. Click on this link for a short video that I have posted previously; but it is a great example of the heart I’m talking about from a pastor whose church has a ministry for the homosexual seeking change. http://vimeo.com/5280229
Well, enough of my ramblings. I think you get the picture where my heart is at, whatever that’s worth to you. What’s God speaking to your heart! I do thank you for visiting and I pray you’ll come back again! Please note, you can subscribe to RSS news feed. Blessings to all!